Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 11, 2010

So what's it gonna be?

EDIT: You can only BUY one.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Bad Company 2

Final Fantasy XIII

You can only choose 1.

11 comments:

  1. What are you asking? What's best or what we're going to buy or what?

    They're all so different it would be hard to choose a "best" of them. I'd say I would be most likely to buy FF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though they talk without word bubbles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. FFIII... I concidered BC2 but in reality, its another shooter to go with my 50 others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad Company 2 is already preorded, haha...

    ...gonna put several hundred hours into that most likely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. With so few of my friends going BC 2 it seems I'll also be forced to get FF13 and pray it doesn't kill my box.

    At least Juniper will have all options open to him again in his PC gaming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, yeah, that's right... I have now watched a PS3 40minute beta match twice on youtube... yes, that's right, twice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just a preference. I don't like listening to people jibber-jabber. I'd rather just have the words on the screen so I can read them in 1/4 the amount of time they take to say it. Maybe it's REPEATED dialogue that frightens me. In Assassin's Creed, I HATED HATED HATED having to listen to those "Informant" guys over and over whenever I would fail their missions (most of them time it wasn't a problem, but there was one time where I failed at least 10 times because BUMS kept shoving me and alerting guards when I was trying to assassinate 4 guys in 3 minutes). And I couldn't skip it either. It sucked! Please tell me stuff like that doesn't happen in modern RPGs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mass Effect has a lot of dialog, but I mainly just skipped it all because the text was at the bottom. The only characters that I wouldn't cut off were the ones I really liked like Wrex and Garrus. Everybody else can get bent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad Company 2, i'm not all that hyped for FF XIII yet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had to choose one, I guess Final Fantasy XIII. (Don't think I'll BUY any of them, though).

    ReplyDelete