Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I FOUND ONE!

I actually found a professional gaming journalist that speaks negatively of Nintendo! I'm giddy! It's another editorial by an IGN staff member that speaks about the Wii, Nintendo's problem this generation and why we as gamers give them a pass on it.

I'm determined to beat the nostalgia loving Nintendo out of all of you. They don't like you anymore.

If you read nothing else. At least read the last 2 paragraphs.

2 comments:

  1. those of us who started with Nintendo, have moved on to other ways to game...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article and I agree that the Wii is terrible (which I have said before). In your post, you seem to be accusing all of us of loving the Wii. Have any of us ever said we like it at all?

    This doesn't change how I feel about Nintendo's earlier consoles, though. I grew up with them and they were awesome and they're still awesome.

    One thing I really like especially about old-school games (primarily NES and SNES games) is that they're really difficult. And I like my games difficult. Amateria sometimes says that I like to "cut myself" while playing games. Anyway, I read a few pages of comments on this article and one said something about how Super Mario Bros. wasn't for the hardcore gamer when it came out, or something like that. I would disagree. I'm a pretty seasoned gamer and I hate that game due to its difficulty (or is it the bad controls?). I've only beaten it a couple times. I bet 99% of current Wii players under the age of 10 wouldn't make it past World 1 in that game. And The Lost Levels (the REAL Super Mario Bros. 2)? FORGET IT. In contrast, in NSMBWii, you can float in a bubble thru the whole stage. Ridiculous. With all this "casualness" the difficulty has disappeared. Where's the satisfaction when you can float thru a stage in a Mario game?

    ReplyDelete