Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 25, 2010

Good one....

Bungie is stating that HALO: Reach bends the 360 to it's limits. I find this hard to believe...really hard.

One game that consistently impresses me and makes me wonder how the hell it work is the Bad Company series using the Frostbite Engine. I know the 2nd has come out yet, but even the first blew me away graphically. Take that and add huge maps, destructible environments, seriously impressive audio, no lag and consider me blown away. Best of all there isn't a spot in the game that looks like it was made by the Unreal Engine.

Any other engines out there that really impress you guys? I can't remember the Assassin's Creed engine name, but that's a good one too.

2 comments:

  1. No, that engine is awesome! Watching some of those beta videos and watching crap blow up plus those incredible sound effects... that Frost engine is awesome.

    I bought a new Nvidia 260 GTX and a Intel 2.83ghz quad-core just for BC2! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lighting in the Source engine always blows me away.

    ReplyDelete