Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 29, 2011

Quality

In the age of the Red Rings of Death, it's easy to forget how quality in electronics is not like it used to be. I'm sure we all have our stories about how something survived abuse whether a flood or a suplexed body (my old NES). It wasn't until I found my old Rumble Pack that I remembered the abuse my old systems suffered.

My old dog ate it. It still works!


3 comments:

  1. The more moving parts there are, the more likely something is to break.

    I would love to say I would bring my 360 with me if I were stranded on a desert island, but how fin would that thing be when it craps out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The durability of our SNES controllers continues to impress me.

    Seriously, i don't think recent system's controllers could handle the stress that me and Amateria have put on those things. At this point i'd also like to reference one of my top bosses, Sigma- I'm blaming him if my SNES Controller breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ How true. Those old systems lasted forever. Even my PS2 lasted a long time with hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gaming, plus hundreds of hours of watching movies on it. My SNES never died...

    ReplyDelete