Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Deus Ex - Gaming Challenge

I have Deus Ex pre-ordered (and pre-loaded) on my PC ready to release Tuesday. I'm normally not patient enough to stealth my way through games unless the game/class/level is specifically (forcing you to) built around stealth of some kind, i.e. Assassin's Creed or the Rogue class in WoW (yes, I'm back into WoW... it's been a slow gaming summer!).

So I thought I would give myself a little challenge since Deus Ex gives you so many options. If it's anything like the first two and anything like they are claiming, it will have so many options to make it through a level, I'm going to try and beat the game without killing anyone (bosses not included). There is a Pacifist achievement for this on Steam

Pacifist

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand. (Boss fights do not count.)





I LOVE to run and gun so this will be a little challenge for me. Just thought I would throw that out there. The only thing that will change this for me is if the game sucks but it already has some good word of mouth and a great review from PC gamer that came out so we'll see... I'll throw up a review once it's complete.

7 comments:

  1. I'm LOVING that achievement! Glad to see that it's included. Personally, I'm a huge fan of action games that do give you options to play how you want like Splinter Cell (I know you hate that one), Hitman and Crysis.

    When I played the original Splinter Cell on my old GameCube I fell absolutely in love and got so good at the game I refused to kill anyone. I would use secondary ammo only or throw bottles and hit people in the head to knock them out.

    It added a level or realism and tension to the game that didn't exist before and knowing that it's an option in this game only raises my interest that much more.

    Looking forward to the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the idea of Splinter Cell and only hated it (strong word) because it forced you to use stealth, and I'm awful at stealth... so I hated it it the same way I "hate" fighting games... just because I'm so bad at them. When actually I really "love" the idea of fighting games, I'm just really, really bad at them, haha...

    The first Deus Ex was ground-breaking and amazing, second one wasn't too bad though it got some bad press and bad word of mouth... I was skeptical of this one buuuuuut... it's been looking better and better the more they've released on it... so we'll see... release tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. *crickets chirping*

    GEARS OF WAR! YEEAAH! HALO! YEEEAAAH! COD! YEEEAAAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Modern Warfare 3 comes out on 11-8-11! Omg, they actually have the MP5 in it which has NEVER been in another shooter. And you can earn XP points when you kill an enemy which will help you rank up... And if you get so many kills in a row, these kills will allow you to get these new things called "killstreaks" which do cool things like call in choppers. It's going to be groundbreaking and definitely not a repeat of any games that came out last fall.

    Rock on AAA titles! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....so it's a video game?

    I only know Farmville.

    ReplyDelete