Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Man Cave, but I hate that term.

Since my Lady Friend and I started looking for a house she's been a very big proponent of me having my own Man Cave. I don't know why, but she's been pushing for it more than me because it's not a priority for me. But since I'm in a house and have the space I'm certainly not going to complain at her willingness to let me do basically whatever the hell I want with the space.

Anyways, I have a house with a basement that isn't finished, but is somewhere between finished and just a normal basement.

I just wanted to gloat that over the next couple months I'm going to be getting the basement in order so that I can black out the walls and build a screen for my new HD projector and get me a nice comfy couch down there with a kicking surround sound system, my mini fridge from college....and a foot rest.

My project will be aided by the always helpful Silent.

I just wanted to take a second and get you all jealousy about me playing pretty much the greatest way possible. Alone and in the dark on an 8 foot screen.

I'll probably post some before and after pictures and it won't be called a "Man Cave" because that's overused and not funny.

I think I'll call it, "Man, I'm Gonna Own Your Candy-Ass Cavern". Much more fitting for the pwnage that will happen down there.

5 comments:

  1. Broseph, I'm all about assisting as well. That is funny cause I just talked with my wife about wanting to do the same thing. My basement is a bare slate right now as well and she always told me that if I finish it I can do whatever I want with it. One requirement for you is that you get a kick-ass home theater system. Skatch and I are self-proclaimed experts on the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It is nice to have a significant other who encourages such activities in the deep dark recesses of your home. I have the same type of arrangement with mine. It gets me out of such abominations as Top Model, Project Runway, and other crap that just makes me want to turn into the Hulk and smash things. Long live the man-space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, man-cave always bothered me too, especially since I now live down in a basement. :P Other more appropriate names for it could be Heaven, Nirvana, or simply Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here you go. A little help for your project: http://www.hometoys.com/ezine/11.08/calderone08/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link. Breezing through it and I already got several great tips!

    ReplyDelete