Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kevin Butler

This is the new ad campaign for the PS3 and I think it's awesome. I've long been a fan of Sony's VP of almost everything, but kicking off a new campaign by bringing Kevin out of retirement was highly enjoyable to me.

You really should be following this guy on Twitter as well.

Are there any other gaming mascots that stand out to you?

10 comments:

  1. This one is pretty good! I'm a very big fan of the shorter Kevin Butler ads (there was one for modnation racers that just dragged forever...)

    I think Butler is great because he is fictional. Guys like major nelson gets the job done practically, but ultimately can't appeal to the fanboy, nay - gamer nature in all of us. We all get that its Sony who is pulling the strings, but a lot of the recent ads are more about gaming as a whole... I dig em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best commercial yet. almost makes me want to sell my 360.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're joking, but are you ever going to get over that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, for sure.

    I also don't want to be a huge moderator on here as well, but my original comment actually spoke to that issue, that getting rid of a system isn't even specifically addressed in this video. "Play" is the item being sold here, something that can be done on a variety of systems. The message, of course, is that the Playstation can deliver that level of play, but still...

    I'd also think that after all the praise and free advertising you gave the Uncharted series, that you could handle communicating with a playstation fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, must have missed the Joke Free Zone when I entered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No it's not a Joke Free Zone at all. Just a Worn Out Joke Free Zone.

    I don't regret offing it. The satisfaction of the joke would be from my regret in doing what I did. I don't regret it....soooooo there should be no satisfaction, but I digress.

    I'm sure Salad still finds this one funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Maybe brjahu was referring to Juniper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. True....it could've been Juniper. My bad.

    But in his defense he's been looking towards getting a PS3 for a long time and only got the 360 because it was much cheaper at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a Sony fan since the PSONE. Had a PS2 long before the original XBOX. The only reason I'm a 360 owner was because it came out first and I bought it from a friend used for $200 when the PS3 was brand new selling for $600 I think it was. I also replaced it free under the a Best Buy warranty when I got the RROD.

    I've been wanting to switch for about 4 years now, regardless of the problems Sony has had. The 360 is a solid console and I'm not an anti-MS person, just a Sony fan. And I also like to give all the consoles a try. The only consoles I haven't really played with are Nintendos since the SNES.

    I'm not sure where this console war started... but it should end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juniper, to clarify, there isn't a console war and never was on this blog. Almost all of us are multi-console owners and equally enjoy both. It is because of this and also because of personally knowing 3N3MY that a select few of us found humor in selling off a console to buy another. Nothing personal, especially directed toward you.

    ReplyDelete