Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 29, 2011

Cataloging Games

This week's "3 Best" post got me really thinking about my old games. I just came back up from my basement with a giant Tupperware container that contains every past-generation game that I have ever owned, minus 20+ NES games that were stolen from me in college. Anyway, the point of this post is to see if anyone knows of any good websites or methods to catalog games. I know that www.1up.com has, or at least use to have the ability to list every console and game you owned. It also gave you an estimated value of your collection. I haven't logged into my account in years but was curious if there were any better alternatives out there. I'd like it to be something that is easily accessible by the public, including you guys.

It's a little side project I think I'm gonna start just. Only problem is that my free time doesn't really exist and when it does, I usually try to take advantage of it by gaming.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of such a thing. It sounds pretty fun, though. Keep us posted if you find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logged into my 1up profile for the first time in 5 years and updated my games. Several games are missing because 1up doesn't know they exist. Also, my NES and SNES games include some of those that I am missing.

    Check it out but forgive the pics and info. Some of that info is well over 5 years old... the pictures are almost 10.

    http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5739803

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some generic inventory management tools in android marketplace, but many if those are for current products. Perhaps one if them has a way to manually add your old things in as well.

    ReplyDelete