Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Battlefield 3 Alpha

This will now be the fifth time I've attempted to post this up. Blogger has a lot of problems it seems... or maybe it's just me. I was also interrupted several times over the past week or so.

So, I was invited into the Battlefield 3 Alpha (not quite sure how I pulled that off) and due to the NDA, I can't say too much. Not sure what I can reveal. Never played an alpha before. They let you fill out a survey and the build obviously has bugs... since it's an alpha build after all. One element I really seem to enjoy about Battlefield is that even when you are not having a great game, you still seem to have fun. You might have a pretty bad K/D ratio but can still have a blast. BC2 still stands out as an exceptional shooter when walls blow out around you and tank shells collapse buildings on top of you. Just amazing. Anyways, I can't say much about the alpha but prone is back in the battlefield series and it is welcomed back with open, loving arms. Also, I went out and pre-ordered Battlefield 3 from my local Gamestop along with Skyrim and Diablo 3 (now that the beta and eventual release is finally here) so take that as my alpha feedback.

Also, I saw this score for Deus Ex and thought it would be my gaming impulse purchase (ignore my recent Steam summer sale purchases *cough*). I'm definitely enjoying more of the game the more I see and the gold art style is kind of cool. Anyways, I preorded on Steam so we'll see what it's like... the first one is a classic, the second one was alright. We'll see how the third turns out.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/29/deus-ex-human-revolution-review-scores-94-and-an-editors-choice-award-in-pc-gamer/

1 comment: