Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 22, 2010

Suicide mission **ME2 spoilers**

So i'm just mentally preparing myself for the jump through the Omega 4 Relay which will inevitably lead to the completion of ME2...i thought i'd take this chance to write up some quick thoughts on the game. currently as much as i'm enjoying the game i just feel it's lacking something and i think i've narrowed it down to the underlining storyline and the way that's effecting the progression of the game. I just feel like the story just hasnt got going at all really, i dont think there's been enough main missions only a handful sprinkled in between the numourous side quests and recruitement missions i've completed. Maybe it's just the way i've chosen to progress through the game but it's just felt a bit repetitive and the pacing of the game jsut doesnt match up to the brilliance of the gameplay. Of course this might all change once i do the jump so i'll update my thoughts once i'm through with it...

*Update*


So that was short and sweet, ploughed through the final mission and it didnt dissappoint, very enjoyable but just leaves me wanting more..more big battles like that certainly wouldnt go a miss. I think i might have to do a second playthru as i wasnt particualry happy with my outcome...not for a while mind i'll let the dust settle a bit first, still that was a solid and entertaining 28 hrs i put into that game, most i've put into a single player game since GTA4, AC2 probably came pretty close mind you.

3 comments:

  1. I would have to agree that the story did suffer a little this time around. I think that the game is suffering from "Empire Strikes Back" syndrome where it's just the middle of the story and not a ton happens between the beginning and the end. I did LOVE some of the twists/reveals in the story though!

    I complained a little in an earlier post about the rpg parts of the game being streamlined and I feel that that hurt the game most.

    I was also shocked at the lack of decent side quests in the game. I don't count the loyalty missions as side quests FYI because I consider them essential to finishing the game with your crew intact. Besides the main quest and loyalty missions there were just really lame fetch quests....oh well.

    Game still rawked my balls off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're saying you have no balls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea some of the twists were pretty sweet and having opted to not play thru ME1 again prior to ME2 amazingly it seems most of storyline/characters that carry over to ME2 as the default set matched that of the decisions i made in the first one so i dont feel like i missed too much by not importing..the extra credits and such would of been nice tho. I think if i get a chance i will do a second play thru of both games back to back and use that outcome as my import for ME3 cos even tho i did all the loyalty missions and tried my best to swing either a paragon/renegade i still ended like half and half and subsequently ended up losing characters (R.I.P Tali and Thane)

    ReplyDelete