Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

Assassin's Creed 2 aka thanks for the borrow, 3N3MY

So 3N3MY let me borrow Assassin's Creed 2, saving me $60, and I just had to post up about it. It is the most improved sequel I think I've ever played. I know this came out a little while ago and I think he even posted up a review...

But I just had to make a post stating how impressed I am with the game. As great as the first one was, it had some serious flaws. They appear to have corrected almost all of them and added so many great improvements. The story is better, some cut scenes are interactive, it flows more seeminglessly, climbing seems faster, side missions actually seem like side missions, new ways to kill like double assassinations and air attacks and killing from a pile of way, there is treasure to find, money to earn and upgrading your villa is a great concept, and raiding tombs made me remember some good old PSONE Tomb Raider action.

A great "oh, snap" moment was when I walked up to a guard, attempting to assassinate him and then take on his fellow guard. Instead, I assassinated both of them with two hidden blades without even meaning too... great game moment.

Never been so impressed by a sequel's improvements...

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're liking it so much! I was that game's bitch till I finished it with 1000 points.

    There's supposed to be another one at the end of the year, but I'm sure it'll get pushed back and delayed a couple times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely agree with you, i've spent a fair amount of time on it and about to dive back into it again to finish off the story and the multiple side quest i'm yet to finish. it's so addictive and i love the way there's always something to do besides assassinating. just finished the secret tombs off, loving my new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to head into the mountains. Last night, I finished most of the side quests in the first two towns and collected all the feathers and treasures and what not.

    I just completed a great assassination mission where you have to kill 10 heavily armored guards in 1 minute. I hired some mercenaries and threw a smoke bomb down and laid waste... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i completed AC2 last night, thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a much deep and longer experience than i anticipated, without saying too much to spoil anything...some of the final missions are up there as some of the best single player missions i've played, very well thought out and a joy to play thru.

    now i need to decide whether to go back into it and do the collecting...grrrr not particularly a fan of doing such things in these types of games, i always find collecting missions/achievements too much of a grind with the exception of Batman AA which i got totally hooked on the collecting and puzzles. AC2's collecting is nearly as fun but i dont know if i can justify the time esp with other games out i'm dying to dive into.

    ReplyDelete