Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Operation Flashpoint

Anyone played this? I remember reading about it a while back and the open world, do it anyway you can, super realism, 4 player coop seemed really awesome. From everything I read the AI is terrible, but the game is really fun coop and is unrelentingly punishing.

Me thinks it could be a good time down the road???? Thoughts? 4 players coop in realistic military shooter/simulation? I read that even the bullets ARC over long distances.

Could be fun....

3 comments:

  1. I read some mixed reviews. I was considering it but not so sure about the realism aspect either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i'm not too sure about this one, like Juniper said mixed reviews from both the media and ppl i know who tried it out...i think it's one of those games when it get it's right it plays really sweet, problems i've heard it's plagued by awful conrtol layouts and as you mentioned enemy AI is wank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I borrowrd a copy from this from a friend, and the realism was overwhelming. I'll openly admit that I didn't get far at all into the game, but the amount of attention to every little thing around you was already getting tedious. (I had to bandage the specific spot on my body I got shot, and had to wait for it to heal for a bit before I could run again)

    As best I could describe it, the reason I didn't like OF, was for the same reason I respond better to arcade style racers like Burnout (Or Mario Kart for that matter) and not well to driving sims like Gran Turismo. Most of the time, I want the experience in the game, not the simulation.

    The opening credits were really, really cool though. The island you fight on is a real island with a pretty colorful political, socio-economic, and heaver fighting history, and their presentation of how it's history has developed over time reminded me of something really cool I would see on the History channel.

    ReplyDelete