Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Poor and (never getting married)

This is a sort of add-on to brjahu's post on upcoming games. And since I'm not married, these will be the games that prevent that from happening as I turn to my girlfriend and let her know I just frankly won't have the time... :P

1. Diablo III - rumor has it it will come out at the end of next year. This is the action RPG of all action RPGs. Another product of the beloved Blizzard, this will probably force me to use some PTO days, maybe even take a weeks' vacation as I have been waiting for this game for close to a decade. There is another rumor Blizzard is hiring for potential console development. D2 was not on consoles but the first Diablo was on the PSONE. So if you like action RPGs and this comes out on consoles, get it. I love plowing through hordes of enemies, gathering tons of loot, while keeping a great story light and quick.

2. Brink - this has been looking pretty good for a while from the parkour moves, slightly cartoonish characters, to the teamwork focused XP rewards. Could be a great shooter... and could be a huge fail. Still hesitant to preorder this one...

3. Elder Scrolls - as much as I HATE teaser trailers... cuz they are just teasing me :P if this follows the path of Morrowind and Oblivion, it will eat up several hundred hours of my time. I still to this day can pick up Oblivion and be swallowed alive and have trouble turning it off and playing any other games. If they add co-op to this game, OMG! I'm always hesitant to play these on the console (since I love my mouse/keyboard so much) but Oblivion plays amazingly well on the 360 so this may be a console purchase, especially if there is co-op or some way to play with other people. Can't wait to join the thieves guild and make some of my own epic gear...

4. ME3 - I wasn't very excited about playing ME2 but after playing it through, I'm definitely looking forward to them wrapping up the story. The attack on earth seems pretty cool too. This may very well be a day 1 purchase for me.

5. Heart of the Swarm - The Zerg storyline and next expansion for Starcraft 2. The singleplayer for Starcraft 2 was amazing and I've already played through it 5 or so times. :P

6. Lego Star Wars III - and being the kid at heart, I'm always down for another Lego game, especially Star Wars. They always add just enough to each new Lego game to make it feel like it isn't just a rinse/repeat title.

...and the Vietnam expansion pack comes out today for Bad Company 2 (which I already have 5 days of play time on) so it's off to see if the servers are up... :D

2 comments:

  1. I think the most amazing thing about this post was that you have 5 days logged in Bad Company 2.

    Looks like a good list of games, but since they're mostly PC I won't be playing them....and I'm tired of seeing "Blizzard" and "Starcraft" and "WoW".....everywhere.

    Really starting to send evil thoughts to all WoW players and telling them to get some taste in their gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only 2 PC only titles out of those games. You won't be playing ME3 or Elder Scrolls or Brink? That's too bad... :P

    WoW is a fantastic game, if you are into MMOs and the social side of gaming. It can be a lot of fun to go into a huge city and hang out with your friends. Unfortunately, the game requires waaaay too much time and I'm not really into MMOs anymore.

    I'm probably getting close to 6 days logged on BC2 with the Vietnam expansion pack. I guess as I try to manage my money better, I'm all about Quality over Quantity these days so I definitely sink more time into games.

    Btw, Vietnam is the best expansion/DLC I've ever played. Just amazing and it's a steal they are only charging $15 for it.

    ReplyDelete