Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bad Company 2

I haven't had a strong MP FPS game to play for some time. I keep thinking I'll pick up Killzone 3 or Brink or Homefront, but I just kept thinking.....Bad Company 2 is more than likely still better and going to be better than all of those.

So I got it from Goozex on my PS3 and played it a lot this weekend. I feel very comfortable in saying that Bad Company 2 is THE MP FPS game to beat....period. It's sense of balance, map layout and destruction as well as class based warfare is unmatched. If you're team is getting crushed it's because you're not working together and not some fault of the game.

It was neat too because it seems that a lot of the people that played it like CoD, when it first launched, are gone. The people that are left are the ones that really love the game.

I was able to get right back into the swing of things and started rocking out big scores during my 2nd match.

I even got the Vietnam DLC and while so far I'm not a huge fan of the maps (probably more likely a direct reflection of the retards on my team than the maps) it's clear that a lot of love was put into the DLC.

When CoD releases maps it's 3-4 maps for 15 bucks. This has 5 maps, 2 new armies, 6 new vehicles and 15 new weapons.

All hail the king of FPS...DICE!

4 comments:

  1. ♥ battlefield and your post... that's all i can say...

    Btw, tomorrow night and most of Wednesday (flex time), I'll be playing Homefront so I should have a review up pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agreed. Your post is making me feel guilty for the time spent playing CoD that I should have spent on BF:BC2. I will say three hale marys and prepare for Homefront.

    What'd you get it on Juniper? PC I'm guessing. I'll be on the 360 version tomorrow night, but I'm certain it will only hold me over until BF3 is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start this by stating that this is the 2nd attempt at posting a comment. Blogger FAIL!

    Your timing at posting this is perfect. Last weekend, along with several of my 360 pals, I decided that it was time to start playing again. From the moment the game started we were asking ourselves why did we ever stop playing it. I will say with complete confidence that Bad Company 2 is the best FPS of this generation and possibly the best I've ever played. There isn't a more solid, and balanced FPS experience available. The only times I ever find myself complaining about the game it is 9 times out of 10 due to my teammates. If you don't have a good team, then your entire experience is lacking.

    I also picked up the Vietnam add-on and I'll admit that I enjoy it. Yes, it is still Battlefield, but they have somehow managed to make it feel unique. It has a completely different feel but in a good way. Plus, Hamburger Hill is an absolutely EPIC map, especially on Rush when attacking.

    3N3MY, it's too bad you don't have your 360.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^what brjahu said...

    ok, 2nd attempt at a comment...

    yeah, beg2differ (feel weird not using real names???), i got it on PC... preloading it as we speak... i'm tempted to wake up super early before work and check it out cuz i think it unlocks at midnight...

    ReplyDelete