Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Anyone heard of this game?

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Even the user reviews are phenomenal...which is hard to believe.

I've read a good many things about it while looking at other gaming news. Just found it on Steam accidentally for 50% off.

I remember an editor in GameInformer was raving about it and said it's the scariest game he's ever played. Then the following issue I found a "letter to the editor" by a reader and he thanked the guy for writing about it in the magazine.

Up to this point Doom 3 is the scariest game I've ever played and I don't say that lightly. I've played a ton of tense games and only a handful of truly scary ones.

Looks like I'll be pooping my pants this weekend as I can't pass up a deal this good on what is supposed to be an excellent game.

5 comments:

  1. I did hear about it but I think it's ALL survival with ZERO weapons or killing. You just have to run... which I've never found appealing at all. I prefer games like Doom or FEAR that let me at least fight back, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute ball buster! My damn card won't play it! Super bummed....

    Hopefully I can get a decent desktop down the road and play it then )c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serves you right for buying everything you see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All in fun. I'm just jealous I can't run L4D.

    ReplyDelete