Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 27, 2010

You got "There WIll Be Blood" in my "Red Dead Redemption"

Just something I noticed last night while playing RDR was that a town I was riding to happened to be named "Plainview." Now if you remember from the amazing (sorry Juniper) "There Will Be Blood" the main character's name is Daniel Plainview and he's an "oil man." Well, not only is the town named Plainview, but on the map there's an oil derrick and in the small town there's one right in the middle of it.

Just wanted to point out a cool reference to a very cool movie in an awesome game.

That is all.

4 comments:

  1. Please explain to me what made the movie cool? Maybe I missed something... but all I saw was an angry old man with a climax that was horribly disappointing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny because I went through Plainview myself last night and ALMOST sent you a text message saying, "I consider myself to be an oil man." I didn't even remember that was his last name in the movie, it was just the derricks that reminded me of it. Haha.

    I'm between you 2 on the movie. A great performance by Daniel Day-Lewis but the movie itself was a little blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an awesome story of capitalism vs religion (tele-evangelist religion). Which one is more evil? More corrupt?

    Just a character study on a real mean and evil bastard and Daniel Day-Lewis is mindblowing. IMHO puts all other "greats" to shame. A guy I work with to this day and even after being shown proof refuses to believe that it's the same actor that plays Hawkeye in Last of the Mohicans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, it was a GREAT performance by both leads, I don't remember the actor's name who played the preacher...

    I didn't really step back and look at it from a big standpoint of religion vs. capatalism so I can see where it would be a really good movie. I just felt the movie went nowhere...

    ReplyDelete