Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Coolest moment of Reach Beta so far:

For me, it was when I saved a teammate by killing the guy who was performing one of those long assassinations. I saw that animation start, zoomed in from halfway across the map with the DMR and put him down with a headshot...and my teammate survived it.


I've got lots of thoughts on the Beta, but I'll reserve judgment until I play more (all 4 maps, all gametypes) and we can talk about it in a different post, but has anyone else had a cool moment like that?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of anything that involves raining fire on guys while using the jetpack. Probably my favorite kill was a guy running across a cross walk, while I was in flight, and tossing grenades at him to loosen him up then meleeing him on the dome for the kill.

    The complexities that the armor perks add reminds me of Shadowrun a lot. I'm a fan.

    I AM very worried that if the community bitches too much about grenades being too powerful or dying too fast in general that Bungie will nerf the hell out of everything again. Please don't.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headhunter - killing someone who had 8 heads to capture with an airborn assasination literally a foot outside the capture zone...i'd love to of heard the poor mans scream.

    loving the game tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably just yesterday when you (Lead Salad) were getting long assassinated by an enemy and I went and punched him in the back of the head for the kill and saved your life. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete