Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Test Your Might

Mortal Kombat on Tuesday!

Salad and I are getting it and I wanted to send an open invite to whoever wants to get their chest pooped on to get it on PS3 as well.

The original MK on Sega was the first fighter I ever played and loved. Blood code: A B A C A B B

"GET OVER HERE!"

3 comments:

  1. This one surprises me from you two. I guess it's only because I remember showing you guys Street Fighter IV when that came out, and you both kinda said "meh" to it. I know there are some real strong differences between the series, but still fighters. I think with our group, the biggest difference here is probably nostalgia - I wasn't allowed to have Mortal Kombat when it was new.

    Regardless of you you guys getting it, I hope this game is great. Midway kinda built their company around the MK series, and I don't think Midway lasted the test of time due to their lack of growth with the industry. MK basically was a great seller on shock value, and now that blood and gore are fairly commonplace in the industry... I hope it's a good game, and not a gimmick. I'm gonna check some early reviews now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about as good at fighting games as I am racing games sooooo... no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amateria: Part of it is def nostalgia, but as you may notice. Salad and I haven't owned a MK game in years!

    It took Midway mishandling the series for the last 12 years and finally folding and then having the rights bought up by Warner Bros and then giving the game to Netherrealms to FINALLY do a MK game properly.

    If you played the demo and know the original games you'd see it's truly a return to form.

    I didn't care much about SF IV because i wasn't ever really a SF fan and even as a kid I got tired of SFII and it's 45 different iterations and it seems that SFIV is doing the same thing. SFIV Arcade and....oh yeah....SFIV X TEKKEN. Retarded. Leave to an aging badly Japanese game developer to try and get a ton of money out of one of it's last big titles. Time will tell if they can regain Resident Evil.

    I liked Tekken 6 a lot, but ultimately never got fully hooked in it. Besides MK the only other fighter I played a lot was Soul Calibur 2, but even that series is losing itself.

    ReplyDelete