Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spring Gaming

Hey, I have pre-ordered Homefront and Brink, for PC on Steam, so I will be playing those on day one. Homefront is out the 15th, I think, and Brink comes out sometime in May. Just to let anyone know who is keeping an eye on those games, I'll try and post up some quick reviews when they come out... If they are awesome, you can buy them, or if they suck, only one of us has to waste out money. :D

I'm buying Homefront for the story and SP but I'll probably give the MP a try as well. And Brink I'm getting for the team-oriented MP and customization.

And I'll be getting Lego Star Wars III on the 22nd, of course, since I'm a Lego fan... the demo was fun times... :P

7 comments:

  1. Funds are my issue at the moment. I just picked up Bulletstorm (first impression review to follow) and Portal 2 is looking incredibly tempting. We'll see.

    I'm gonna pass on Homefront, so I look forward to your experience with it. I don't think it's gonna sell all that well, but anything that's gonna give Call of Duty a run for it's money is worth a play through if you can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bulletstorm demo was fun but some of the reviews seemed so-so. Can't wait for your review cuz it looked interesting...

    Yeah, Homefront will either suck or it might be an underground hit. Maybe like Metro 2033. Anyways, I love the story concept so it'll take a lot for them to screw it up, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frontlines was a really good time that never got the credit it deserved. Dedicated servers allowed the 64 player matches to run very well. If I had the dough I would def get Homefront.

    Still not sold on Bulletstorm tho so I'll be waiting for your review. Salad got it too so it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say as well.

    Brink looks awesome, but won't get as much love from gamers as it should. MW3 will sell a ton tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, why are we even talking about buying games anymore when we can just pirate them all on our PCs and PS3s? 'Not being able to afford a game' is no longer a valid excuse. Get with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, well, I'm an honest gamer so I buy all my games. People can choose to pirate but they might as well choose to rob a bank too. Stealing is stealing. People (companies) put hard work and time into these games.

    I'd be pissed if I didn't get paid at work for all the reports I have to write, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh crap I totally forgot that I jailbreaked my PS3 years ago!

    Got Gears and Halo running on it two months ago!

    I've been playing Bulletstorm since before there was a beta and I've already prestiged 14 times in Battlefield 3. Ya'll be noobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir... I don't believe that you're black.

    ReplyDelete