Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 7, 2011

Game Informer, Skyrim, and BF3

Since Game Informer was getting first dibs on Battlefield 3 information, I decided to stop by (get it???) my local Gamestop and purchase it. Turns out it's the March issue but I saw the Skyrim issue and picked that up with my subscription. $6 per magazine as opposed to $16 for the subscription? Of course I want the subscription...

Anyways, the Skyrim info was amazing. I know some of you won't want to hear it this far ahead of time but the game sounds amazing... and the screenshots looked incredible.

(DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT INFO) I like the idea of the skills you use leveling you up, no matter which ones you use. You can really craft your own class. Plus they are adding perks (similar to Fallout) which is a part of leveling that I definitely enjoy. Lack of HUD, fighting dragons, reorganized inventory and menu system, skill specific quests, and the list goes on to make this an incredible game.

With the release of Skyrim, potentially Diablo III, and Battlefield 3 this fall, there goes my life. Those 3 combined can easily eat up hundreds of hours...

Considering I put 845 hours into Battlefield 2 and 605 into Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 3 could potentially destroy my life...

1 comment:

  1. Battlefield 3 in addition to my already huge list... I seriously might as well ask for divorce as well.

    ReplyDelete