Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Darkness 2!

Will suck!

I love the first Darkness game. It's gritty and epic and twisted and amazingly well crafted. It's another game that takes the standard brainless FPS formula and turns it on it's head. The reason it rocks so hard is because the amazingly badass Starbreeze studios developed it. Unfortunately that studio is no longer around, but from what I've read it's pretty much still intact with all the talent it's just under another studio name that I can't remember at the moment.

Anyways, I just read that The Darkness 2 is coming out, but I was sad to see that Digital Extremes is making it. DE sucks....big time. They've yet to make a shooter that was anything above boring or "I guess it's okay" status. The only game that they really have a claim to was the original Unreal, but that was a long time ago and Epic helped.

So I was excited for a moment and then my dreams were dashed. Oh well...I'll just keep replaying the original.

2 comments:

  1. What all has Digital Extremes done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the new Unreal SP games that was out on xbxo, Pariah, they did the MP of Bioshock 2....a handful of other stuff, but nothing good. I don't know how they keep getting work.

    I'd really like to see Raven get this title because they are a very talented and underutilized group of guys.

    ReplyDelete