Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What the hell will Kotick whore out now?

Apparently Activision head dude, Bobby Kotick, realized he's driven the plastic instrument genre into the ground and is firing pretty much all the Guitar Hero staff.

I truly feel for those guys that are about the join the unemployment lines, but what really stings is the new that the newest True Crime game got canned too! Bummer cause I was really looking forward to it and there were already some neat trailers out that showed like the game was far along in developement.

Kotick is a retard because he's cutting good games without giving them a chance while not empowering new ideas or IPs. This type of management can only run for so long until it collapses because all he really has left is CoD and honestly I'm CoD'ied out and I think the general public is getting there, too. I got rid of Black Ops and have zero desire to buy or play another one.

1 comment:

  1. Plus, it looks like they are headed towards a subscription-based FPS/CoD game.

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6298356.html

    I truly believe Guitar Hero could have continued for years if the titlespam hadn't occured. They are really doing this with CoD. I do enjoy Black Ops but it feels like too little/too late. If none of my friends weren't playing it, I probably wouldn't be either. It's better than MW2 but still far short of Battlefield. It's kind of how I fill my shooter-mp needs while I wait for Brink and then BF3.

    Putting out a new title every year is ridiculous and it really runs it into the ground, especially when they are all so similar. It'll be a blessing to the gaming community when Kotick steps down, which is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete