Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Force Unleashed 2

Dear Lucasarts,

I had fond memories of playing your first Force Unleashed game. It was a decently challenging game that had pretty cool graphics, an awesome story, memorable characters and the most fully realized force powers in any game.....ever.

I got TFU again 2 weeks ago in prep for the release of TFU2. I played it through and enjoyed it more the 2nd time than the 1st.

From playing the demo on PSN I knew that the combat in TFU2 had been tweaked and that everything was faster. I was excited!

I got the game yesterday and I beat the game yesterday and I'm already matched for a trade on goozex. What a let down. You guys made a super short campaign that took all the strategy out of the 1st and replaced it with way too powerful attacks and a souless button mashing eye glossed over game.

I was most excited to see what happened next in the story since the 1st was so awesome. You didn't even resolve anything. It "ended" that section of story, but left huge unanswered questions. Am I a clone?! Thats why I bought the damn game! It felt like a big "F" you....buy the soon to be released overpriced DLC just like the 1st game.

It wasn't all bad though. The graphics were superb as well as the audio. The boss fight's actually felt like boss fights this time around and the final act of the fight with the Gorog is pants creamingly badass. Too bad that's the high point of the game.

Oh well....at least I'll get 1200 points on goozex instead of 1000 for trading it so soon after release. What a cheap cash-in.

Love,

A betrayed gamer

5 comments:

  1. Yikes. I played the demo a couple weeks back and wasn't impressed at all, either. It still felt like I had my feet stuck in the mud while trying to jump around and 100 pound weights tied to my lightsabers. I was really hoping they'd fix those issues, especially since they had 2 years to do so. What a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of assumed this would be a game to skip. The first was good and had potential but like most game companies, I counted on them making it worse rather than improving on all the mistakes in the first one, haha. I was right!

    It's surprising that one of the best Star Wars games had Legos in it... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juniper, you watch your mouth boy! Lego Star Wars is awesome! It's like they took the only things I did when I was a little kid - play legos and watch star wars - and made a game about it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn, was hoping this wouldnt turn out a turd...i'd read rumours on the lead up to it's release that a 3rd installment had already been canned wonder if that had any effect on this one. i quite enjoyed the demo but wasnt a day 1 purchase for me. Enslaved and Castlevania are infront of this one. luckily they've both just dropped in price here, £17 bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Amateria, I LOVE Lego Star Wars. Seriously, one of my all time favorite games. I just find it amusing that a kid's Lego game is one of the best Star Wars games overall cuz game developers have failed at most of the other Star Wars Games.

    ReplyDelete