Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oblivion

There is a dual meaning to the title as that is where my PC now resides since it took it's last breath last night and now won't even move past the intial loading screen... I can't even enter the BIOS to fiddle with stuff soooooo... I'll be playing Oblivion on the 360. It was that or Dragon Age and having just finished ME2, I didn't feel like playing another story-heavy game. I can't handle two in a row.

Anyways, I'm a poor social worker so we'll see when I can fix the PC or buy a new one... I do find it amazing that a game that's several years hold can still hold my interest so much and I can't wait to go home and play some more.

Elder Scrolls FTW!

4 comments:

  1. Epic game. It's still a toss up for me when it comes to Oblivion or Morrowind. Morrowind was recommended to me by an old roommate that described it nonjokingly as, "Ocarina of Time for grown ups." Little did I know he'd recommended the game to me that would change how I looked at all games. Played the GOTY edition on XBOX.

    Morrowind also has the best soundtrack in any game ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Morrowind was amazing. Very difficult when you start out with it but once you overcome your own noobiness, it was incredible. One thing that sold me between the two was the quest directions in Oblivion. Finding stuff in Morrowind was pretty tough since you literaly had to follow people's directions. Head to *blank* city then head NW until you come across a big tree then head N to find the cave, haha.

    Though flying in Morrowind was fun times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA. Too true! The quest markers were amazin in Oblivion and the way you described finding stuff in Morrowind couldn't be more spot on.

    I remember one time I spent 3 hours looking for a damn door in the side of a mountain in a landscape full of huge mountain. Got some XP tho...for all the meat crabs I killed along the way.

    Cool mod sidenote. I remember that brjahu and I saw an article a couple years back that was a mod that allowed the Oblivion engine to be used in Morrowind. I never played it, but I saw the footage and I ruined 3 pairs of pants.

    ReplyDelete