Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 4, 2010

BRINK

Been keeping an eye on this game and this trailer is selling me on it. I love team-based games (Battlefield) over straight up shooters (CoD, Halo) any day. Just more options since my play style can really depend on my mood. Some days I want to run and gun, others I like to lay back and defend (aka camp).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSXr_85Ctm8

3 comments:

  1. I've honestly been watching this game for months and months. The first video I ever saw for it was called "Freedom of Movement" and it was pretty mind melting as far as standard FPSs go.

    As much as I'd love to say I'll get it I prob won't. I'm playing MP stuff less and less because of the unpredictability of my home life with a kid now. SP is so easy....just hit "START" and pick it up again whenever I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of this game also, likewise with Enemy i remember the impressive freedom of movement video a while back. it was on show in a 20 player set up at the Eurogamer Expo i was at last weekend and was very very popular, so popular i couldnt justify the hour plus que to get a shot on it. i watched a fair bit tho and was impressed, looks like a hybrid of COD, battlefield, and borderlands. cant wait, shame it's not coming out till next year.

    ps. will post thoughts and feedback on that expo when i get a chance, played some good stuff, inc some 3D gaming which was pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it'd be nice for an update about what you saw!

    And 3N3MY, you could also do co-op stuff. Usually you can drop in and drop out of stuff easily, like Borderlands. I wonder if Brink will be like that...

    ReplyDelete