Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 25, 2010

RAGE!

I've had my eye on this game for some time now. I know that a lot of people have lost faith in id over the years because of their lack of innovation, but I've always found their games to be very well put together with an amazing production value and excellent execution....plus they have the Godfather of graphics, John Carmack, at their disposal.

I remember reading about storage issues on the 360 discs and the problems that it's created for id and possibly condensing the world to save money when the game ships to keep it on one disc. I sure hope they go all out for the PS3 at least.

IGN gave RAGE the E3 award for "Game of the Show" and I don't think it's hard to see why.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's Doom 4?


    I had a laugh watching this because I immediately thought, 'oh, that kinda looks like borderlands' and then the dude doing the voiceover says something about borderlands. The visuals are great obviously and it seemed to have a little more depth to it, rather than just being a straight up shooter. I was dismayed at the 'multiplayer' comment. Unless they were talking about a coop mode, then big UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, yeah, I skipped 4... but in all seriousness, these video game companies should stop waiting 10 years between each entry into a series...

    And Salad, EVERY game MUST have an MP component nowadays, come on... or it's not a "real" game... as witnessed by the horrible sales of Borderlands... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That MP requirement seems to be key to having financial success in the industry. Although highly logical (people like to make and have money), it's a shame that financial success is the only sort of success that the industry understands. I don't think I'm the only one who loved Borderlands... it scratched an itch I didn't even know I had, and despite it's flaws, I still love it.

    I know I've told 3N3MY this, but investing in games without the solid promise of monetary gain is one of the big reasons I've really come to respect the direction EA has been going the past few years. (Coincidentally, it's also adding fuel to my general despising of Activision) I'm not sure that I ever would have seen a game like Mirror's Edge if EA didn't invest in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree on the EA direction versus Activision's direction.

    ReplyDelete