Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Inevitable "HALO: Reach" Impressions Post

Post them here.

Controls are tighter than they've ever been.

Really glad dual wield is gone.

All gun revamps are awesome! Especially the sniper. DMR is my bitch lover.

SWAT finally plays as it should....with no Elites.

Assassinations are fun and stealing an assassination from a teammate, "Yoink!", is hilarious!

Slayer Pro is a good time, but the jury is still out for me on straight up Team Deathmatch with full armor and armor abilities.

Graphics are much improved!

Finally got us all playing the same game again!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of this.

    Controls are the best they've ever been. Silky smooth.

    I don't miss dual-wielding at all. It added NOTHING to Halo 2 and 3.

    I don't know what it is, but I really dig the new Sniper, too. Maybe it's just the smoother controls, but I've definitely been more effective with it than the Halo 3 sniper. (The Sniper mission in the campaign is sweet, too, btw.)

    I've only played 15 or so online matches, but I like how people aren't jumping around constantly. I also like how the pistol is useful as a sidearm once again. I can see a teammate shooting a guy relatively far away and pull out my pistol to help out and even "steal" the kill sometimes.

    SWAT is excellent. Again, people aren't jumping around constantly, and there are no Elites. Everybody plays as a Spartan and it's fun. Losing is always a drag, but I can handle it so much better this way knowing that the opposing players aren't exploiting a glitch - they just played better that round. Accept it and move on to the next match.

    Firefight is as fun as ever. It seems to be more difficult and more intense. Also tons of customization and I hope Bungie adds more game types similar to "Gruntpocalypse" and "Rocketfight".

    BLOOD GULCH! It's back and awesome. We played a Snipers match and lost (probably because of XxMrJesusxX) but it was still awesome. I want to play some CTF in this map ASAP. I believe it's called Hemorrhage now.

    Customizing your Spartan is lots of fun. There are plenty of options now but I hope Bungie adds more later on just to keep things fresh. And if there's a Hayabusa helmet, they can choke on it.


    I did take the day off today and have finished the campaign, but we should probably just have a separate post after everyone has had a chance to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This encompasses a great many areas, but I really appreciate how Bungie has succeeded in making a game that is truly a hardcore followup to their series, while reaching back to the great parts of some of their older catalog and overwhelming the long term fans with nostalgia.

    The first thing I'm going to be doing in Forge is going to be making a Halo 1 CTF variant in Blood Gulch. Weapon locations, everything. Some things might need to be tweaked, but I anticipate great success.

    ReplyDelete