Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 25, 2011

Ganon Not in Skyward Sword

Story here.

It just struck me to post this here because Amateria told me long ago that the best Zelda's have Ganon in them.

I've only ever fully played Ocarina and Wind Waker, both of which I loved, and they both had Ganon.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Majora's Mask didn't and although it wasn't overly accepted by the masses it still is loved by those devout followers. I, myself own it but never got too into it because it was a lot more difficult and at the age I was playing it, my attention span was too short so I gave it up. I've always wanted to try it again because it is dark, twisted, and challenging.
    But The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker all have him and are by far some of my all-time favorite games.

    Here's to hoping the WiiU fails and we will someday see a Zelda on a "real" system...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the games with Ganon seem to be the more popular ones, I don't really think that not having him counts against a game. Majora's Mask is awesome, and honestly, I barely even count Ganon in the first game. Sure, he's there, but only in the last room of the last dungeon, as opposed to Link to the Past, Ocarina and Wind Waker where's he's a consistent presence throughout the entire game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel misquoted. First of all, my opinion was my personal feelings about the games, not necessarily an objective opinion. I didn't like MM as much, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't well made.

    I think my main thought was concerning the Triforce as a story element. My past experience with the games finds a pretty strong correlation between awesome games which feature the Triforce and not quite as good games that don't. I think for me, it's an actual attraction to that story element. I know the game could make the Triforce interchangeable with a princess, or some other treasure, but I love the lore and mythology within the Hyrulian world.

    If you want to get me upset, ask me sometime how Majora's Mask screwed me over in real life. I haven't finished it out of spite. (I have no excuse to not have finished Twilight Princess.

    ReplyDelete