Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Game mods taken to a new level

I've never really given a second thought to all the PC game modding that is done. I'm not talking about modding In the terms of cheating, but more taking the game or game engine and tweaking it into some unique. I know that this type of modding led to games like Portal, which, if I'm not mistaken, came from a fan using Counter Strike and the Source engine. Even still, since I am not a true PC gamer I never have the ability to take advantage of these and so I usually don't care. However, today during my morning breakfast browsing I came across two mods that just blew me away. The one is a complete and massive overhaul of COD: MW. Being a bit of a Star Wars freak I have to admit that I was massively impressed. The second game is a graphical tweak of GTAIV. All I have to say about that one is a simple, WOW.

Anyway, give these a quick look and let me know what you think. Maybe this happens all the time and I just and late to the party. Regardless, call me impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that GTA mod actually makes it look like somebody cleaned all the vomit and poop off of the city! But no doubt the person driving that car around is struggling to keep that car in the lane due to the garbage controls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then there is this.... wow... just wow.

    http://kotaku.com/5818416/and-just-like-that-oblivion-looks-amazing-all-over-again

    ReplyDelete