Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crysis 2 Trailer

Am I the only person that's seen this? The first time I watched it my mom happened to be in the room and we were both blown away. I mean...is it all in game footage? I know that Crytek has made what many call the best looking game ever in Crysis 1, but that footage is ridiculous if it's in engine. I'm really glad that they're bringing this series to the consoles because when it launched the PC guys were lording it over our heads. It'll probably kill the consoles processors, but whatever.

Probably in my top 5 fav trailers ever.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, saw this a while back but didn't post it up here since I figured no one played the first one. Crysis 1 was gorgeous. Absolutely nothing on the console can still compare to how that game looks. Pretty decent story too and the gameplay was fun. Picking a guy up by the throat and launching him at his buddies is great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. One thing I like about it is how they've tried to capture what it looks like an actual human eye sees, with how it focuses and whatnot. This is always a tough thing to recreate for the gamers. We aren't actually flying in a helicopter scanning the jagged skyline of a collapsed Manhattan looking for monsters - we're on comfy couches focusing on a one dimensional screen, making it harder to trick the eye into thinking that it's actually looking at something with depth. I hope they do it well.

    That said, I'm sick of graphics. Obviously I appreciate my games looking as good as they can, but it really irritates me when that's the only big improvement with a game. I don't know if Crysis 1/2 is truly guilty of this as I haven't played them, but Crysis was (maybe still is...) used as a benchmark for PCs and their system specs because it was so strong. We've had 20 odd years of game development that's focused almost entirely on graphical changes... is that all we got?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gameplay in Crysis was actually pretty good. Lotta fun. Challenging and satisfying. My only complaint was that it was short, maybe 8 to 10 hours...

    ReplyDelete