Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Alpha Protocol

I've been keeping my eye on this game for quite some time. It looks like a great Dragon Age + Oblivion / James Bond = awesome. A spy RPG sounds awesome to me and from the footage I've seen, it looks like they are doing a pretty cool job, giving you choices on what type of spy you want to be: suave, aggresive, etc., etc. And it's Obsidian and they are definitely known for putting out some quality products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lox7IGllexU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyznNNNwHso

3 comments:

  1. yea i kinda like the look off it, and it's been getting some ok press, i just dunno yet. it's gonna be one of those wait for the reviews type games and base my purchase on fan feedback cos i've not really been keeping tabs on it enough to make my own judgement yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the only real Obsidian game I have put any real time into was KOTOR 2 and that game was a borderline mess.

    I'll def keep my ear to the ground for this game and "New Vegas" looks pretty awesome too, but can they follow up Fallout 3 with the same gusto that Bethesda put into it or will they drop the ball like they did when Bioware handed them the keys to KOTOR?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, New Vegas better be up to par with Fallout 3. Alpha Protocol is going to go on my Goozex request list and if it gets bad reviews, I may drop it. But everything I've heard and seen makes it look really great.

    ReplyDelete