Glad to see you...

If the gaming industry is an automobile, and the game designers are the drivers, then that makes us, the players, backseat drivers, and we'll be damned if we're gonna let the industry keep on heading the way it's going (good or bad) without letting them know what we think. So buckle up, feel free to complain about there being no air in the back, and bring your most critical and analytical mind to the open air discussion of the current age, Backseat Gamers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 Impressions

Since I'm the uberfan on the blog I wanted to write something first.

Like

-The game throws a ton more at you than ever before.

-Same good old Dead Space feel.

-Updated controls weren't necessary IMO, but make the game more manageable when the crap hits the fan.

-Telekenisis is much much more powerful and is a welcomed change.

-Isaac talks this time around an his voice acting is normal and it's nice. Not over done and cheesey.

-Isaac is even more effed up this game than the last. Is what he's seeing really happening or is it in his head?

-Isaac feels like a crafty veteran in this scenario as opposed to a rag tag guy just trying to live.

Dislike

-The game is linear. The original was as well, but had many many more "locked" areas that would unlock later. This is much more A to B and that's it. It makes the game world feel much less like a real world and much less interactive.

-I have such a love for the original and I miss the darker smaller areas and rooms, but that's just a preference more than a complaint.

That's it for now! So far it looks as if EA made another great game, but only time will tell if it's better than the 1st.

5 comments:

  1. I only put about an hour into it. It seemed harder right from the start (this could be me playing on normal as opposed to easy in the first one...easy was waaaay too...easy) but still more of the same (which is good) from the first game. I liked the different environments and getting swarmed by the little kids was INSANE!

    I had to put it down and watch a movie before I went to bed or I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep... so coming from the guy who hated the series a month ago, it's a great sequel so far. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Clever girl...."

    I hate those guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished the game. Def the weaker of the 2 imho. Constant nonstop waves of enemies that took the strategy out of the fights and made it more about just standing in a very small area (because the bad guys move about 5 times faster than you) and just shooting a ton and hoping they don't get too close. Great game, but not as good as I had hoped and def not better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was anticipating a full review from you. Are you going to do one or are you too disappointed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I'll def do one. It was just too late last night when I finished. I'll prob get it on here tonight.

    ReplyDelete